Need to get your home spruced up but don’t have time or perhaps cash for a renovation? No worries, you aren’t the first and you won’t be the last. Here’s a list of DIYs with relatively cheap and easy upgrade ideas. From curb appeal to paradise kitchen islands, you can now give your home the makeover it deserves.
- Draw a bead on your ultimate kitchen cabinet design with this beadboard DIY.
- Perhaps you’ll need to freshen them up even further with a paint job too. Here’s a DIY for just that.
- Do your brass drawer pull handles look like they’ve weathered a decade of acid rain? Believe it or not, a 10 second soak in brass ager will bring some beauty back in short order.
- Let’s face it. Sometimes you just want to feel like you were born in a barn. Here’s a tutorial for turning any door into a sliding barn like door, without welding. This DIY is handy too.
- Desiring a kitchen island? Bet you haven’t heard of using upcycling old dresser for the job! You can do it like this…
Or perhaps like this.
- Need a quick and easy DIY to enhance the floor in any room? This DIY uses peel-and-stick vinyl flooring to do just that.
- Paint, stencil, and seal are the three steps to bringing old bathroom tile to life.
- Do you have an old home with ugly shower tiles? You can DIY them back to glory with a tile and tub painting kit.
- Up your bathroom wall’s game with a little beadboard.
- With this DIY it’s a breeze to take that light fixture from dreary to dreamy using metallic paint and new bulbs.
- Tired of your AC vent looking like something from a run down Detroit school building? Use some aluminum sheeting to make a cover worthy of your home.
- Ikea’s $67.99 Billy shelves are a cheap and effective way to build a bookcase to your taste.
- You can also use Billy shelves for closet modification.
- Tile isn’t all you can stencil accents on. Fancy up your wall with this DIY. You can find some high quality stencils here.
- Are you sick of those “boob lights?” If your ceiling is tall enough, you can give the light a skirt instead. If you don’t know electrical work, you should likely hire a professional instead.
- That ceiling fan isn’t getting any younger. How about a little paint makeover? It’s about as close as fan “wrinkle remover” as you can get. Here’s the deets.
- Every good country house needs a pleasant mudroom. All it takes is a bench, a rustic shelf, some well placed hooks, and a little know how. The finishing decor is icing on the cake.
- Has your stair railing seen a few too many hands? You can show it some gratitude with a little gel stain and paint. It’s like a railing manicure, or railicure… some kind of cure.
- Don’t forget about those hard worked stair steps! Sometimes all you need is a stylish custom runner to ensure the integrity of both your stairs, and the steps you take upon them. Here are some “step by step” instructions.
- A door’s function may be simple, but the look doesn’t have to be. With some plywood, paint, and the right DIY all sorts of door styles are at your disposal.
- See that gorgeous house number backdrop? That was created from stained paint stirrers. Amazing, huh?
- Gel stain can take your garage door from faded metallic drab to wood stain fab. DIY it up!
- If you want an easily built and stylish firepit, you can use heat resistant stones and a little know how. Should run you less than $40.
- Don’t want to spend money on an expensive patio? Secure your seating area on the cheap with concrete pavers and river rocks. While there isn’t a DIY, you can see more photos here to help you get the idea.